— MOTIVATED, EXPERIENCED CARPENTER WANTED —
We are looking for a highly motivated experienced carpenter. Candidates will work in a variety of environments including both new construction and renovation of residential and commercial spaces. Gettysburg Construction Co. provides a benefits package which includes health insurance, 401K and paid vacation. If you would like to be part of our team you must have the following qualifications to be considered for the position:
Job Title: Carpenter
Basic Job Description: Installs and repairs building frameworks and structures. Ensures company and customer satisfaction through professional appearance, expert workmanship, and polite communication. Possesses basic hand tools, nail bag and tool belt. Ensures jobsite safety. Is responsible for the efficient and profitable use of the company’s time, manpower, materials, tools, and equipment.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
• Good communication and organizational skills and able to plan ahead effectively.
• Extensive rough and finish carpentry skills.
• A good working knowledge of related building trades.
• Able to read and follow blueprints and building documents.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read and interpret paperwork (plans, specifications, change orders, and so on); bring questions, discrepancies, and unusual conditions to the attention of the Job Supervisor.
- Prepare the layout of the project.
- Estimate height, width, length and proportions of the project and select the materials.
- Work with blueprints or instructions from the supervisor to meet the needs of the customer.
- Work with, measure, cut or shape materials such as wood, plastic, drywall or metal.
- Utilize chisels, planes, saws, drills and sanders to repair and erect structures.
- Join materials with nails, screws, staples or adhesives.
- Erect and work on top of ladders and scaffolding.
- Create structures for molding concrete.
- Check work along the way to ensure it is up to code and specifications.
- Use levels, rules, plumb bobs, framing squares, and surveying equipment to ensure everything is level and secure.
- Work with prefabricated buildings.
- Build new and remodel existing homes and businesses.
- Construct and/or install structures and fixtures such as building frameworks, walls, floors, windows, doors, partitions, cabinets, molding, decking and stairs.
- Participate in any required meetings as indicated by the supervisor.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.